The Nursery provides All Day and Morning places for children in their pre-school year. Children attend 5 sessions per week.
Regular points of entry to the College are P1, P6 and S1. Applications for these should be made by Tuesday 10 January 2017. However, if we have places available, we will consider applications for these and other year groups. Such applications do not have to be submitted at any particular time. Our entry procedures vary according to the year group for which an application is being submitted, so please see the relevant year group for further information. The Admissions Officer will be able to provide information about the availability of places.
How to apply
Application Forms are available to download in pdf format or you can apply online. Downloaded forms should be printed, completed and posted for the attention of the relevant person below, along with payment for the £30 registration fee. If you have any enquiries about an application, you can also contact the relevant person using the email links below.
Applications for entry throughout the year for all stages (including S1 entry for August 2017) should be directed to Mr P. Skingley, Admissions Officer. You cannot apply online for the S1 entrance exam. Please complete the relevant downloadable form.
Pupils' dates of birth generally determine their year of entry. Please click on age/year group entry points for a list of entry points.
S3 and S4 correspond to Years 10 and 11 in England and lead up to pupils sitting their first external examinations (National Courses) at the end of S4. Highers are then taken in S5. These qualifications are very often sufficient to satisfy Scottish university entrance requirements. Advanced Highers are equivalent to A-Levels and can be studied in S6.
- Entry to P1 is by interview held in January/February.
- Entry to P6 is by Entrance Examination held in January/February. This session's exam will be held on 28 January 2017 and consists of assessments in Math, Reading Skills, Non-Verbal Reasoning, Spelling and English Composition.
- Applications for all Nursery/Junior School stages should be directed to Mr P Skingley, the Admissions Officer, in the first instance.
- Entry to S1 is by Entrance Examination held in January.
- This session's exam will be held on 21 January 2017. The examination comprises an English paper (reading and writing elements), a Mathematics paper and a Non-verbal Reasoning paper. Use the Applications Form link on the right to download all relevant forms.
- Enquiries about S2 entry should be forwarded to Mr P Skingley, the Admissions Officer. At this stage, pupils will sit tests in Non-verbal Reasoning, English and Mathematics, and will also be interviewed by members of staff from Modern Languages and one of the Sciences. A copy of the most recent school report must also be submitted at this stage.
- Enquiries about entry to S3 or S4 should be directed to Mr P Skingley, the Admissions Officer. The S3-S4 curriculum booklet should be consulted prior to completing the application form as it provides details of all the courses available to pupils at this stage. A copy of the most recent school report must also be submitted at this time.
- Pupils entering S3 will take 8 subjects of which English and Mathematics are compulsory. Six other subjects are chosen, ensuring that the subjects selected include at least one science, a language other than English and a social subject.
- Thereafter, interviews occur with the Head of Department of each subject selected for study except for English and Mathematics where candidates will sit short written tests. Interviews usually last 20 minutes each and this whole process is likely to take the greater part of a morning.
- It is helpful if pupils can bring along with them some course work such as some completed assignments (eg Art, Technology/Engineering and English). In some cases the Head of Department, other than English and Mathematics, may ask the pupil to undertake a short piece of work during the period of the interview.
- At the conclusion of interviews/tests, our aim is always to inform parents of the outcome within 48 hours, if at all possible.
- Pupils admitted in S3 will embark on a series of two-year courses and so admission to S4 will only be considered in exceptional cases.
- Enquiries about entry to S5 or S6 should be directed to Mr P Skingley, the Admissions Officer. The S5 or S6 curriculum booklet should be consulted prior to completing the application form as each provides details of the relevant courses. A copy of the most recent school report must also be submitted at this stage.
- Thereafter, interviews are conducted with the relevant Heads of Department. It is helpful if pupils can prepare thoughtfully for their interviews and if they can bring with them some examples of their previous course work in each subject (eg Art, Technology/Engineering and English). In some cases the Head of Department may ask the pupil to undertake a short piece of work during the period of the interview.
- At the conclusion of interviews, we will always try to inform parents of the outcome within 48 hours, if at all possible.
Withdrawal of pupils
A full term's notice of intention to withdraw a pupil must be given in writing to the Head of College. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in a full term's fee being charged. Only under exceptional circumstances will this regulation be waived by the Head of College and the Director of Finance after joint consultation.