Robert Gordon's College is committed to maintaining the quality of the learning and teaching and extra-curricular experiences for our pupils whilst continuing to offer excellent value for money. We have celebrated another year of outstanding exam results, reinforcing the school’s strong academic success. We continue to make every effort to manage our cost base without compromising the school’s excellence in education. High quality experiences for learners of all ages were highlighted in a recent Quality Improvement and Professional Engagement visit by Her Majesty’s Inspectors of Education. In addition, The Sunday Times School Guide 2017 awarded Robert Gordon’s College to be the Scottish Independent Secondary School of the Year.
Bursaries and Scholarships
Robert Gordon's College offers free places and reduced fee places to pupils every year for entry in to Secondary 1. Approximately £1.5m was available for our Senior School Bursary Programme in 2016-2017 enabling us to award 24 S1 bursaries to pupils joining the College in August 2017. These Bursaries are awarded after jointly assessing financial need and academic merit.
The Burnett Scholarships offer up to half fee discounts to pupils of outstanding talent in academic subjects, in music, or in sport (currently in Fourth or Fifth Year at other schools).
Nursery full day: £9,290 (excl lunch) £9,700 (incl lunch)
Nursery part time (half day): £4,645 (excl lunch) £5,055 (incl lunch)
Primary 1: £8,165 (excl lunch) £8,625 (incl lunch)
Primary 2: £8,165 (excl lunch) £8,645 (incl lunch)
Primary 3: £11,095 (excl lunch) £11,575 (incl lunch)
Primary 4-7: £11,095 (excl lunch) £11,705 (incl lunch)
Secondary: £12,710 (excl lunch)
Junior and Senior School fees are payable termly in three instalments of 40%, 35% and 25% in early August, January and April respectively or by 10 monthly instalments under a Direct Debit system, commencing from 1 September. This option is not normally applicable to nursery. Please note there is no discount for early/advance payment of fees.
Included in the tuition fees are all SQA examination fees (with the exception of unsuccessful appeals). We also provide insurance cover for accidental injury to pupils which provides 24 hour protection for the academic year and holidays whilst on College activities. Further details may be obtained from Mr A Lowden, Director of Finance upon request.
Details of ancillary charges, i.e. lunches, transport, wrap around care, music tuition, stationery and Gordonian Association (S3-S5 only) can be found in the parent area of our website.
There is sibling discount available at 30% for third and subsequent children of school families.
Please be aware the sibling discounts in place at August 2011, namely a 5% discount for a second child in the school (P1-S6) and a 40% discount for the third and subsequent child in the school (P1-S6) were frozen at this level for all children at the College at that date and, whilst they remain at the College, for their siblings should they come into the school thereafter.
The College offers the following methods of payment by which tuition fees and all other school invoices may be paid:
- Online through the secure parents area of this website using the parents login details provided at entry
- Cheque - Payable to Robert Gordon's College
- Debit Card - Either in person at School or by phone
- Credit Card - (excluding American Express and Diners Club) plus a surcharge of 2% in person at School, by phone or via the website.
- Bank Transfer - Please note that the account number MUST be quoted on all transfers to enable the College to identify the payee. This reference can be found on the bottom left hand corner of the fee note. If in doubt, contact the accounts office. The College bank details are printed on all fee notes.
- Direct Debit - The College runs a direct debit scheme for the year's tuition fees (excluding nursery) payable around the 1st of each month, September to June inclusive.