Fresh and nutritious meals are prepared onsite and served by Inspire Catering ensuring a wide choice of healthy and nutritious meals are available.
Following launch of catering services in August 2015, Inspire Catering at Robert Gordon’s College have achieved the HealthyLiving Award.
Inspire are the only contract catering company in Scotland to have Scotch Beef Club membership with accreditation across all operating sites. This not only guarantees authenticity but also traceability from field to plate.
Pupils are recommended to take advantage of our onsite catering or bring a packed lunch. Junior, first and second year pupils remain in the school campus throughout the day.
Inspire Catering take food allergies very seriously and have robust processes in place to manage this:
- No nuts or nut products are served within the dining hall, however there are some retail products available that may contain traces of nuts.
- Kiwi is not used in any items produced.
- A list and photo of all children with allergies is provided by the school nurse to Inspire and this is displayed for all Inspire staff to view and be aware of.
- All items for sale/served have an allergen sheet available which outlines the allergens contained for easy reference.
- Training on allergens is provided to the catering team and updated annually.
- The kitchen and dining hall is audited by a catering consultant to ensure Inspire Catering are compliant with allergen legislation.
Inspire Catering are more than happy to meet with parents and or children to discuss any allergies that pupils may have.
The team at Inspire Catering are keen to receive feedback on the catering provision and are highly committed to providing the best service possible to all at Robert Gordon's College. Please do not hesitate to contact Kevin Tinto, catering manager on email@example.com or Kevin Simpson, operations manager on firstname.lastname@example.org