Welcome to the Physical Education department at Robert Gordon’s College.
Our main aim is for every pupil to enjoy their time in our department and to achieve all that they can through a variety of challenging activities. We aim to raise confidence, ability and promote lifelong positive attitudes to physical activity.
The department comprises of 12 Physical Education teachers, 4 Swimming teachers and 4 full time Games staff. All staff are very experienced and enthusiastic with a wide variety of sporting and coaching backgrounds.
Pupils at RGC receive the following programme each week:
- Nursery – 2 x 30min PE session a week
- P1: 2 x 30 min periods PE, 1 x Swimming Sessions starting after Christmas.
- P2: 2 x 30 min periods PE, 1 x 30 min period Swimming
- P3: 1 x 30 min periods PE, 1 x 30 min period Swimming, 1 x Games morning
- P4-7: 1 x 30 min period PE, 1 x 30 min period Swimming, 1 x Games morning
- S1-S3: 1 x 40 min period PE, 1 x 40 min period Swimming, 1 x Games afternoon
- S4-S5: 1 x 40 min period PE, 1 x Games afternoon
- S6: Option to select Higher PE, 1 x Games afternoon
Pupils are exposed to a broad and varied curriculum in Physical Education. At Games, our major activities are Rugby, Hockey and Netball in the winter and, Athletics, Cricket and Tennis in the summer season.
Our 5th and 6th year pupils choose from 17 different activities on a Wednesday afternoon.
We offer an extensive extra-curricular programme where we aim to promote Excellence, Performance and Participation within Sport and encourage pupils to push themselves to use all of their masterly skills. Our major sports are Rugby, Hockey, Netball, Swimming, Golf, Tennis, Athletics and Cricket.