Religious, Moral and Philosophical Studies
Our aims are:
- Respect for the beliefs, values, views and customs of others.
- Memorable learning about religious beliefs and practices, philosophical views and moral values.
- Personal reflection on relevant issues.
- Skills of critical thought and sensitive, intelligent evaluation.
Course Choice Options
The Department delivers SQA Courses in RMPS & Philosophy, from National 5 to Advanced Higher as course choice options:
- S3/4: National 5 Religious, Moral & Philosophical Studies
- S5/6: Higher Religious, Moral & Philosophical Studies
- S6: Higher Philosophy, Advanced Higher Religious, Moral & Philosophical Studies
Core RMPS Syllabus
RMPS is also a “Core” subject taught to all pupils in S1-S5:
- S1/2: A broad, academic introduction to religion and morality in general terms as a foundation for future study.
- S3 /4: Intermediate 2 RMPS Unit – Making Moral Decisions (2013-14)
- S5: Higher Philosophy Unit - Critical Thinking
- S6: Advanced Higher Medical Ethics Enhancement Unit (optional).