The Auld Hoose

The Governors appointed William Adam to design the building for Gordon’s Hospital. The ‘Auld Hoose’, as it is known, was completed in 1732 and stood in extensive gardens which were later open to the public. In 1753 John Cheere, a well-known sculptor of the day, was commissioned to produce a model for the life-sized statue of Robert Gordon which can be seen today in a niche above the front door.