The school’s atmospheric Quadrangle and historic Auld Hoose sit side-by-side with impressive new state of the art facilities providing the perfect balance of tradition and modernity.
Watch the videos below to see around and learn more about our fantastic facilities.
£25 million has been invested in facilities since 2009 and pupils have access to:
- Our Junior School which features a 360 degree classroom layout with horseshoe desks and interactive technology.
- Dedicated Junior and Senior Libraries stocked with a wide range of resources including fiction and non-fiction books suitable for every year group from Nursery to S6. Linking with the local universities and the British Library, S6 pupils have access to borrow materials from beyond the school.
- The Craig Centre for Performing Arts which houses a 200 seat theatre, digital recording studio and an art gallery.
- The Wood Foundation Centre for Science and Technology is the UK’s largest school teaching facility for Science and Technology and a regional centre of excellence.
The outdoor sports facilities at Countesswells are a short drive from our Schoolhill Campus and are used for curricular Games across the College from Primary 3 upwards every week. Key highlights include:
- International standard water-based hockey pitch.
- International Hockey Federation accredited, sand-dressed pitch (and supports football, netball and tennis).
- Extensive grass rugby facilities boast three international sized rugby pitches with five other pitches of sizes, alongside a large and fully floodlit training area.
- Cricket facilities include a well maintained grass square with eight pitches, a synthetic pitch, three outdoor practice nets and two indoor practice nets.
- Pavilion with indoor changing and catering facilities.
Further investment will be made to our campus to provide more green space for pupils in addition to the Phase Three Indoor Sports development at Schoolhill.
Our facilities are available for public let and use by prior arrangement with Andrew Lowden, Director of Finance. Aligned to our charitable, not for profit, status and our positive approach to wider education we make only nominal let charges.