Contract type: Full-time, temporary (maternity cover).
Reference Number: RGC/190513/TBusSt
Closing Date: 28 June 2019
Start date: 19 August 2019
A highly committed, enthusiastic Business Education teacher is required to join a thriving department in our Senior School.
The three subjects available in the department – Accounting, Business Management and Economics - are offered at National 5 level in S3/S4 and at Higher level in S5 and S6. Courses in Advanced Higher Accounting, Advanced Higher Economics and Advanced Higher Business Management are offered to pupils in S6 who have shown significant aptitude and interest. The department actively engages with the world ‘beyond the classroom’ to ensure that its pupils are academically and socially prepared to meet the challenges of education, work and life.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the development of Business Studies at the College through an ability to undertake successfully the following tasks:
- To be committed to teaching the range of Business Education courses taught in the school. Ideally, we would be particularly keen to hear from applicants with experience in teaching more than one of our Business Education subjects, although this is not essential.
- To create an effective teaching and learning environment which offers support and encouragement to pupils
- To be involved in developing teaching materials, planning courses and identifying departmental priorities
- To maintain appropriate records of pupil performance and assessment
- To contribute to curricular developments
- To share responsibility with all colleagues for the maintenance of good discipline, behaviour and conduct among pupils
- To show commitment and enthusiasm in working as part of the departmental team.
Applications from probationers, NQTs and experienced teachers are welcomed and previous experience in an independent school is not a requirement. The post is available from August 2019 for a full academic year.
Salary will be based on SNCT scales together with a Robert Gordon’s Allowance, currently 6%. Candidates will be expected to assist with Extra-Curricular Activities and/or Games, and to play a full part in the wider life of the school.
Letters of application with a full CV and the names of two referees should be sent to Ms F. Winter, HR Manager, Schoolhill, Aberdeen, AB10 1FE or apply online. Please quote ref no. RGC/190513/TBusSt
"Robert Gordon’s College has given me the opportunity to work with exceptional pupils and provided a great support structure for developing my career. My creative and technical background has been embraced and allowed me to flourish with activities such as training at the educators course in NuVu, Boston MA. and helping me to expand to teach not only Technology but also Art."