S6 pupils were invited to an online baking class with Miss Boyne. Lockdown Fudge was the treat of the day. If you would like to try this out at home please follow the recipe below - it will keep for up to one month.
Miss Boyne shared: “It was lovely to see some of the S6's trying their hand at baking, We had a great laugh and hopefully they have made some tasty fudge treats to keep the families going.”
- 75g butter, plus extra to grease
- 375g white chocolate
- 300g light brown soft sugar
- 170g tin of evaporated milk
- 225g white mini marshmallows
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- Lightly grease a 20.5cm square cake tin and line with baking paper
- Finely chop the chocolate
- Put the butter, sugar, evaporated milk and pinch of salt in a large pan and heat gently until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the marshmallows and turn up the heat to medium. Stir until the marshmallows are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Bring to the boil and bubble for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Take the pan off the heat and immediately beat in the vanilla extract and white chocolate.
- Working quickly, pour the mixture into your lined tin and leave to set.
- Remove from tin and cut into 64 squares.
Mr Fish said: “S6 have had the opportunity to participate in various life skill sessions during lockdown. From sewing to baking, sessions like these may come in useful for life beyond school.”